Tree surgery is one of the best ways you can get the trees on your property nourished back to health. Most tree surgeons in the area have been educated in arboriculture, so it’s important to check for details before you hire a surgeon to take care of your plants and trees. There are five things that you should know to make it easier to get exactly what you are looking for without spending a fortune to get it.
- Tree surgery should be performed by a tree surgeon. Just like you wouldn’t want open heart surgery performed by anyone other than a cardiac surgeon, you should want the same thing for your trees. This will ensure that they are treated with the respect that they deserve and receive the correct level of treatment. The problem may require pesticides, filling cavities or any number of things. It will be much more affordable if your surgeon uses the right fix the first time around.
- When a surgeon comes out to perform surgery, they should have all of the necessary tools – and be licensed to use them. Most surgeons are only certified with a chain saw, so if you see them using something else, make sure that they have insurance. This way, if they damage themselves, your tree or your property, they are responsible for the damages and not you.
- You need to decide if you want to save your tree or have it removed. If it is sick and cannot be saved, you may need to have it removed – if you are allowed to. There are some trees that are protected, which means you need to receive permission in order to have them removed. Your tree surgeon can help with this but it is a step that needs to be followed so that you don’t incur any fees.
- Estimates can ensure that you find the right tree surgeon for a price that you can afford. There can be hundreds of pounds difference between various surgeons in your area. Have two or three come out to your property to provide you with an estimate first. Get everything in writing and then compare them to see who has the lowest price and if it includes everything (such as removal and cleanup) so that you don’t have to spend any more money unexpectedly.
- Finally, your tree surgery should have some guarantee. You don’t want to spend a bunch of money on your trees only for them to die anyways. A good surgeon will be able to give you the logistics of what they are doing and whether they think it will work or not. A good surgeon will also stand by their work, so make sure you get some sort of guarantee before tree surgery is performed.